Program Supervisor - Apply Here
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator (Sports, Events, etc.) and general supervision from the Recreation Director, the Program Supervisor supervises and may be asked to set up for SHRC activities and programs at the Recreation Complex and other locations. Work is performed with a substantial degree of independence within the framework of prescribed policies, state statutes and established procedures.
- Supervise facility and program activities during regularly scheduled recreation program times. Includes programs such as, but not limited to; soccer, baseball, softball, basketball, classes, and events.
- Prepare facilities for program use including, but not limited to, turning on lights, equipment set-up, equipment clean-up and storage, etc.
- Supervise program activities for appropriate behavior and conduct.
- Facilitate program activities as necessary for successful program operation.
- Report to Program Coordinator any incident reports, broken equipment, safety concerns, etc. in a timely manner.
- Helping participants at our Esports Facility during open play and private rentals.
- Performs other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends.
Education and Experience: Minimum high school diploma or GED required. Experience in public relations preferred.
Skills: Strong communication skills and the ability to follow oral and written instructions when provided. Ability to work with PC and other video game technology.
Problem Solving and Decision Making: This position requires the employee to make decisions regarding the implementation of and adherence to Commission policies and league rules.
Accountability: Accountable for safekeeping of equipment and facilities, completion of duties as assigned, and awareness of personal safety and safety equipment.
Personal Relations: Continual contact with the SHRC, officials, coaches, volunteers and the general public. This person must be capable of maintaining cooperative working relationships and positive public relations.
Working Conditions: Indoor/outdoor conditions include offices, gymnasiums, meeting rooms, athletic fields and parks. Manual labor is required for this position.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit; communicate; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms. Must be capable of lifting or moving objects up to 50lbs. Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Requires mobility, flexibility of body, manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination adequate to use equipment as assigned.
The Spring Hill Recreation Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant or employee with a disability as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act may request an accommodation to perform the functions of this position. The duties listed in this description are only for illustration. Other similar, related, or logical assignment of similar tasks may be assigned to this position.
All offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a background check.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.