Youth Basketball Scorekeeper
Youth Basketball Scorekeeper - APPLY HERE
This position will remain open until November 10, 2023.
Under the supervision of the Sports Program Supervisor, the Youth Basketball Scorekeeper will run the scoreboard at sporting events, games, and/or competitions. Their focus will be to maintain standards of keeping score and to ensure that game rules are observed.
Salary Range: $13-16 per hour; dependent upon experience
- Manage the scoreboard at sporting events, games, and/or competitions to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
- Signal participants or other officials to make them aware of infractions or to otherwise regulate play or competition
- Keep track of event times, including race times and elapsed time during game segments, starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Verify scoring calculations before competition winners are announced.
- Report to regulating organizations regarding sporting activities, complaints made, and actions taken or needed such as fines or other disciplinary actions.
- Confer with other sporting officials, coaches, players, and facility managers in order to provide information, coordinate activities, and discuss problems.
- Compile scores and other athletic records.
Education and Experience: No education requirements. Some experience preferred but willing to train the right candidates.
Skills: Knowledge of the basic rules and concepts of basketball; basic scorekeeping knowledge.
Problem Solving and Decision Making: This position requires the employee to make fair and consistent decisions in a quick fashion to preserve game integrity.
Accountability: Accountable for showing up on scheduled game days at the scheduled time; keeping games running in a smooth and orderly fashion; must have basic scorekeeping knowledge.
Supervision: Must help maintain order of the gymnasium assigned, as well as the game schedules with the Basketball Supervisors.
Personal Relations: This person must be capable of maintaining a cooperative working relationship, as well as maintain a positive and continual contact with the general public.
Working Conditions: All work will be done inside of a basketball gymnasium. This position will require full attention to detail.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination adequate to maneuver a basketball game and scoreboard.
Special Requirements: Must be legally able to work in the United States.
The Spring Hill Recreation Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant or employee with a disability as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act may request an accommodation to perform the functions of this position. The duties listed in this description are only for illustration. Other similar, related, or logical assignment of similar tasks may be assigned to this position.
All offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a background check.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.